About This Site

I am a person who tends to sweat the small stuff, and I tend to speak up when I am displeased. However, rather than simply coming across as one more bitchy customer/constituent/son when I send people complaints, I like to have a little fun with it. Provided you aren't one of the people I send letters to, I expect you will too.

Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Guest Letter #2: Chick-fil-A

Nature of the Offense

Another contribution from fast-food warrior Eric, this one touches on some subject material that may be a sensitive spot for Southerners...

The Letter

Dear Chick-fil-A,

Thank you for ruining my lunch. I ordered a 3-piece strips meal with a sweet tea (light ice) today. The strips were acceptable, but the fries only lukewarm. This is about par for the course in my experience with this location, and not the main cause of this letter. Rather, the unforgivable offense involved my drink. Not only was it about 90 percent ice, it was also not sweet tea. It was just iced tea. Nobody in their right mind who has ever tasted the heavenly nectar that is true southern sweet tea will ever go back to regular iced tea. Without the brewed-in sugar that makes sweet tea the delight that it is, iced tea is nothing but bitter, cold water that makes you have to urinate shortly thereafter. Once brewed without sugar, iced tea can't be made sweet. No matter how much sugar you dump in, or how much you stir, it will never taste the same. It's thermodynamically impossible.


Photobucket
Still not sweet tea.


Sadly, I am running out of options with respect to fast food restaurants in the Austin, TX area. In the past month, Wendy's and McDonald's have also managed to destroy any desire I might have to visit them again. I thought Chick-fil-A would be a light in the darkness. But you have failed me. If I could throw down a gauntlet, I would. Instead, I can only say this: I demand satisfaction!


Photobucket
Gauntlet. Heavy, hard to throw down.


The Response

"Thank you for taking the time to contact Chick-fil-A. You are very important to us, and we appreciate your comments regarding the unappetizing order you received on your recent visit to Chick-fil-A. We apologize; our aim is to provide a pleasant dining experience every time you visit Chick-fil-A.

As most Chick-fil-A Restaurants are independently operated, I have forwarded your comments to Jeff Glover, Operator of the Braker Lane Restaurant, so that he is aware of your dissatisfaction.
I would like to send you two Chick-fil-A CARES Guest Cards as a thank you for taking the time to contact us. If you would be so kind to reply to this e-mail and provide your phone number and complete mailing address we will mail these Guest Cards to you.

Again, thank you for your assistance and interest in Chick-fil-A. We hope to receive your reply soon. Have a great day.


Sincerely,

Avery
Chick-fil-A CARES
Chick-fil-A...We Didn't Invent The Chicken,
Just The Chicken Sandwich."

Another form letter?! Shock! To be fair, Wendy's couldn't even go to that much trouble.

2 comments:

  1. I have tried and tried and cannot find anything wrong with the food at Chick-fil-A at Braker and Hwy 183. My problem is that as soon as I get my food from the drive-through window, I have to find a place to pull my car off to the side of the road and eat my sandwich immediately. To me, the hotter the sandwich the better it is. And I require lots of ketchup on it--so it does get messy sometimes. J. Robbins

    ReplyDelete
  2. A form letter is always better than nothing, and they at least are making it appear they care. I'd rather be acknowledged. I ate at a Bahama Breeze once, horrible service, food was terrible, went on their website to do the survey on the receipt, and never heard back. That was over a year ago.

    ReplyDelete